Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint: Review & Swatches


When I did the review for Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain it reminded me of the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint, so I figured it would be a good idea to do a review on it.  I only have one in the color Peaceful, a nude peach.  I got it in one of my Birchboxes, and I was excited to try it out.  I was curious, but at $24, I could never justify the price for what it is.  You can purchase Lip Tints from Sephora or directly from Tarte Cosmetics.

For the review and swatches, click below.



Much like the Revlon alter-ego, the Tarte Lip Tint is a gloss/tint that can be easily applied to the lips using a big crayon type contraption.  It twists up from the bottom when you need more product, and the cap fits nicely.  It's moisturizing with a slight minty feeling that disappears quickly.  The color is sheer so this is once again one of those products that you can use without a mirror.  Especially in a light shade such as Peaceful.  It lasts the usual gloss length of about 1.5-2 hours.  I keep it in my back pack for quick touch ups when I don't want to dig out my balm (it's large and easier to find).

Swatches

Peaceful is a pink-toned peach that tends to enhance the lip color without being obvious.  On my lips it doesn't read peach, just gives a more of a glossy feel.


Lip swatch of Peaceful gives a nice gloss and tones down my natural lip color (which can become  rather pink).  If you have light color lips, it might blend into your lip better.


Bottom Line: I do like the product itself because it's comfortable to wear and easy to use.  I like no-fuss products, but the price is a little too high for me to be comfortable buying up a bunch of these.  The up-side is that Tarte often has great sets that make it worth while.  For example, for the Holiday 2012 season, there's a box set of 5 Lip Tints for $34.  Now that's more economical!

No comments:

Post a Comment