Sunday, October 7, 2012

Country Life Maxi Hair Supplement Review




 This natural product that I received complimentary from Influenster voxbox is a supplement.  You can find out about all the info you need from the Country Life website along with other supplement choices.  This is a vitamin and supplement combo that is meant to bring hair, nails, and skin to a livelier condition.  Besides the everyday recommended vitamins, it contains B-vitamins, biotin and MSM to concentrate on dermatological benefits.  It contains 60 tablets in a darkened glass jar (one month supply), costing $17.99 (quick internet search showed that the price range is $10-$25).

To find if it even works, click the link.



The tablet itself is a nondescript, normal looking beige-y color with a "vitamin smell".  The smell isn't potent and it's like any other vitamin I've taken.  It's obvious not a sweet gummy, but perfectly consumable as long as you can swallow pills.  Also like most vitamins, these are rather large horse pills.  Luckily years of forced fed vitamins by my mother during my youth has gotten me over being afraid/unable to swallow pills. (Thank you mom for caring enough about me to make me take supplements).  You're meant to take 2 tablets a day, but the bottle doesn't specify if that's at the same time or twice a day.  I opted for twice a day, since that distribution made more sense to me.  The bottle also recommends to take it with food for better absorption.  As a side note, I have taken it on an empty stomach and had no issues (I did usually take it with food though).

Have I noticed a difference in my hair, skin, or nails?  Not really.  I have lots of super healthy horse hair (based on every hair dresser I've come across), so I really wasn't expecting much of an improvement on that front.  However, I have HORRIBLE nails that split and peel all the time.  It might be an issue of nail polish use.  Despite the lack of improvement, it's important to keep in mind that fingernails take 3-6 months to grow out completely (from base to tip), so I wasn't expecting any miracles in one month.  I would have to continue taking the supplement and see where things are in a few more months.

Bottom Line: I'm on the fence with this one.  I have no issues taking a daily supplement/vitamin and I generally like to take one for my health, so continuing to use this product is not a problem.  Since bad nails is a constant problem, I am willing to take this and see if there's any improvement.  Especially since pricing of Maxi-Hair really isn't that different from the price of a daily multivitamin, I might as well take one that might potentially make my nails better from the inside out.


No comments:

Post a Comment