Friday, October 5, 2012

Does EBOOST Give you the Energy you Need?


Next item on the list of items I received complimentary through Influenster is EBOOST.  For the specifics on this, the best place to go will be their website.  They have multiple flavor choices to choose from: Natural Orange, Pink Lemonade, Super Berry, and Acai  Pomegranate.  To buy a box with 20 packets through their website costs $28. It has natural ingredients and is meant to boost your energy/help the immune system without creating the crash that caffeine or sugar gives.  It has "good for you" ingredients like vitamin C, D, B-12, folic acid, green tea, etc.

This isn't the first time I've tried EBOOST.  Both times have been the Natural Orange flavor shown above.  Taste wise, the orange is not my cup of tea.  It's very chemically and if you dissolve the packet in a regular glass (as shown in the top left corner), it's very unpalatable.  (Keep in mind that I am rather sensitive to tastes and smells).  The strong taste is diminished if you dissolve it in about 1L of water.  I personally had to fill up a Nalgene bottle.  In terms of the energy claims, it seemed to work.  Most recently I used it during a long afternoon of classes, and I perked up gradually without crashing afterwards.  Perhaps it was a placebo effect, I don't know.  It just seemed to work.

Bottom Line: At the price point and my dislike of the taste prevents me from buying this again.  However, if I was given a different flavor to try, I wouldn't turn it down.  As of now I'll stick to my coffee and take my risk of crashing and burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment