Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wet n Wild Color Icon Shimmer Singles: Review & Swatches

Wet n Wild Color Icon Shimmer Singles in Stagedive, Sellout, Glamrock

Today I'm reviewing the Color Icon Shimmer Singles.  Besides the 3 shown above there are 4 other shades available in the "Shimmer" series.  The other colors were similar to what I already have in my stash, so I didn't feel the need to get them.  Besides I like bright colors.  At $1.99 each, I wanted to try them out and see if there are as nice as the original color icon singles (I really like mine in Nutty).

To find out my thoughts and see swatches, click the link.
Before I get into the nitty gritty details, I wanted to inform you that I couldn't get a color accurate picture of Sellout (which is a much more vibrant, neon pink).  As you might have noticed in the pan pictures, these shadows are really soft and have a LOT of powdery fall out (especially noticeable in Sellout).  Even gently tapping an eye shadow brush in the pan creates a huge mess, so expect to have to work carefully to use these shadows.  The only exception to this rule is Stagedive.  Unlike the other 2, it was really hard and difficult to work with because it was harder to get the product from the pan.  As long as you use an eye primer, some of the difficulties can be worked around (fall out and color saturation).  Needless to say I was generally disappointed with these.  I still use them, but I don't reach for it as often as I do the other colors from Wet n Wild.

Swatches

The swatches below shows some of the shimmer.  However, it doesn't really translate on to the eyelid.  I also included finger swatches because I think it's a little more color accurate.

Stagedive, Sellout, Glamrock

Stagedive is a deep marine blue color that I find to be very pretty and flattering.  It's what I consider a good summer color.  Sellout is a neon pink that's cool toned (although not very well represented in the photo).  Glamrock was the most disappointing to me.  It's the most powdery (see the buildup on my finger below) and it comes across as pale wash of lavender.  It's a lighter color to begin with, but I was hoping for some more oomph.


Bottom Line: I was expecting better quality based on my past experience with Color Icon shadows.  If the color appeals to you and you're willing to put the effort in making it work, then go for it.  Otherwise it's a waste of time.  It would make more sense to spend a few extra dollars for similar colors of better quality.





No comments:

Post a Comment