Saturday, October 13, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Review & Swatches



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush (above) and Sweetheart (below)


The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (wow that's a mouthful) is essentially an over sized crayon balm with color for the lips.  In the ads you see Emma Stone wearing it in Love Sick (just in case you're curious).  According to Revlon, it gives smoother/softer lips while lasting "hour after hour".  It retails between $7-$9 depending on where you buy it.  There are 14 different color choices to choose from, and you can even go crazy and get a dark vampy shade since it's sheer.  They seem like a dupe for the Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm (yes they spell color in a pretentious way) especially in terms of packaging, but product wise, it's also similar to Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint (for a review click here).  In any case, the Revlon version is a cheaper alternative than either of those.  

For swatches and review, click below.


The 2 colors I got are Crush and Sweetheart.  I do like the fact that they are chubby crayon looking things that you can twist up from the bottom when you need more product.  It's rather convenient that I don't need to hunt down a jumbo sharpner to get more product.  It has a minty feel (and menthol smell) upon application that quickly disappears, and I do find it rather moisturizing to wear because it's a balm.  I also appreciate that it's a sheer product that still deposits color.  It's easier to use on the go when you don't always have access to a mirror (you can safely apply it without one if you're careful).  Once the initial color wears off, there is a slight stain left behind, but nothing major.  It also wore off unevenly on me (it stained the dry parts of my lips darker than the rest), so if you want an even, noticeable color, it's better to reapply.  I also don't know where Revlon got the lasting "hour after hour" part since it lasted 1 hour on me.  My top lip faded much quicker than my bottom (most likely because I lick my upper lip a lot). 

Crush

 Sweetheart


Swatches

Crush and Sweetheart

Crush is much prettier in macro form than on the lips.  It appears to be a dark plum color with pretty shiny bits of glitter/shimmer in the package.  On the lips it's closer to a berry color. It feels gritty on application, but once on it's not noticeable.  Also most of the shimmer disappears, and the color settles into the lip lines.  It has potential, but gets lost in translation so to speak.


Sweetheart is a bright cool toned pink, and is definitely the better of the two that I tried.  It has a much smoother application, and it doesn't settle into the lip lines.


Bottom Line: I liked Sweetheart, but not Crush.  Performance wise it's exactly like I expected it to be.  It's a balm that doesn't last long, but gives a nice wash of color.  I have no problem reapplying products since I would do that with any balm whether it's tinted or not.  As long as the product has even application (like sweetheart) I think it's nice to have in your purse for an effortless way to perk up your look.  Just check to make sure it's not a shimmery color if you buy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment