Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color: Review & Swatches

Smokin' Hot Pink, Purty Persimmon, Wine Room, Mauve Outta Here

Continuing on with my Wet n Wild streak is the Mega Last Lip Color.  Once again I took advantage of the recent CVS sale to add a couple more of these babies to my collection (for the other post, click here).  I've seen these on other blog sites and have been curious ever since.  I knew I liked their eye shadows, but hadn't given much thought to the lip products (there's still a part of me that harkens back to my youth when Wet n Wild didn't have much in quality).   I like trying new/bright colors and I find it's easier to invest in colors I'm unsure of if I don't unnecessary put a huge dent in my wallet.  Who wants to spend $20 plus in an "It" new shade only to find out that it looks horrible on you?  Not I.  (Granted you can return many high end cosmetics, but that's just an extra wasted trip).  At $1.99 a pop, I don't have any qualms being crazy/beautiful .

To continue on with my review and swatches, click the link.

Wine Room, Purty Persimmon, Smokin' Hot Pink, Mauve Outta 

The Mega Last Lip Color is what I would classify as a semi-matte lip color.  It's closer to the matte end of the spectrum, but there is a nice sheen that keeps it from being a dull, lifeless color.  I do recommend wearing a balm underneath in order to keep your lips moist, but it wasn't overly drying even without balm.  Wear time was about 4-5 hours.  It lasted through drinking, but started to disintegrate with the oils from my lunch.  Another plus is that there are multiple color choices, and they do seem to add new limited edition shades on occasion to spice up your stash.  The packing is less sturdy than the Mega Shield Lip Color (for the review, click here), but I don't feel like it'll break if I put it in my purse.  The other gripe I have is that the lipstick doesn't twist all the way down (as shown in the above picture) and I ding the product, making a mess out of the tubes.



Swatches

Wine Room, Smokin' Hot Pink, Mauve Outta Here, Purty Persimmon


Purty Persimmon is a warm toned darker orange veering towards the red end of the scale.  It's nice and  vibrant and I love it!  If you would like to see a comparison swatch with Mega Shield Lip Color in Salsa Lessons, click here.

Mauve Outta Here is a cool toned mauve (as the name suggests) even though the swatch looks a little more pink than in real life.  However, the color is on the pink end of mauve, not purple.  


Smokin' Hot Pink is a bright medium pink (not neon).  It leans slightly warm, but it's close enough to neutral that all skin tones should be able to wear it.  It's bright without being in your face.  I guess what you would call a wearable bright lip.


Wine Room is more of a toned-down neutral pink.  It's not vampy or wine colored as the name would suggests.  For me it's a darker, more refined version of my lip color.  It's the type of color that goes with most makeup and skin tones.  Sorry about the twisted lip picture (all the others came out blurry-I'm still learning how to use my camera).


Bottom Line:  I really like the Mega Last Lip Color.  I feel like I'm getting a good combo of matte and shiny at the same time.  For the price and the multiple color selections, you really can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment