Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock: Review


Today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite topics: sun protection.  Ya I'm a nerd and I tend to nag everyone to put sunscreen on every day, whether it's cloudy/cold or bright/warm.  You only get one go at your skin, and once it's damaged there ain't a whole lot that can be done.  So in my perpetual quest to try to keep myself protected and not feel like I have a layer of tar on my face, I have come up with a decent solution: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer.

To continue with the review, click the link.


When it comes down to it, sunscreen is sunscreen.  I mean there are a variety of ingredients and different methods of protection (none of which I will get into here), but the basic concept is that it's meant for prevention of future problems.  Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is a rather nice product because it's sheer and contains the properties I look for in sunscreen.  It protects against both UVA (sunburn kind) and UVB (cancer causing kind).  It also has high enough SPF to satisfy my needs (anything over 30 is good). I do need to point out that the product is quite runny/thin so be careful when you dispense (make sure you thoroughly shake the bottle for even mixture prior to using).  However, the combination of the thin, sheer product makes it perfect to wear underneath makeup.  I put it on before primer and all that.  I like how it doesn't affect the quality of the makeup I put over it, and it sinks nicely into the skin without leaving a greasy residue behind. I've had instances of other sunscreens making it difficult to put my makeup over.   Although it would work as an all over sunscreen, I don't particularly like it for anywhere else but my face.  The runny-ness does make it a little more of a challenge to put enough product in the hand to smear over large surfaces.

Below you can see how the product comes out of the bottle and underneath I've spread it out.  The shininess you see settles into the skin so it's not that noticeable once that happens.


Bottom Line: This is a great face suncreen to use underneath makeup.  It has all the right ingredients to properly protect the delicate skin of the face/eye area without greasy residue, and it's comfortable enough to wear all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment