Going along with the culinary themed posts I've (sorta) established. Here's another fall snack for you to make. The best part about Pumpkin Cookies is that you can add whatever you want into them to jazz it up. Anything from chocolates, dried fruit, or even nuts. I took a recipe from food.com and made it my own in terms of the additives.
To get the recipe, click the link below.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1.25 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 c flour
- 2 tsp baking soda/powder
- (at least) 1 tsp cinnamon (I dumped in a lot more)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- chocolate/nuts/ fruits to your liking (recipe states 3/4 c, but I didn't follow that recommendation)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add/mix other wet ingredients (through vanilla).
- Add/mix spices, and then add flour in ~1 cup increments.
- Add your additive(s) of choice, don't over mix.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- EAT! These are softer/cake-like cookies.