Monday, November 11, 2013

SquareHue November Collection: Review & Swatches


It is once again Mani Monday, and the November SquareHue subscription is the Coastal Collection. It perfectly exemplifies the turbulent coastal oceans. Interesting choice for a November collection, but that's what I like about SquareHue. They like to keep me on my toes.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.



This month only has one type of finish for the polishes, and they are all HiGloss Cremes. First in the lineup is Portsmouth, a light grey-toned blue cream. It reminds me of a cold ocean lapping onto the shores of a rocky cliff. It's pretty and it applies well after the second coat. It's an appropriate "brighter" blue to wear during the colder months since it is cool-toned.





Next is Chatam, which is a milk chocolate brown cream. As is the trend with SquareHue browns, this is another one that is darker once swatched on the nails, which is fine by me because I much prefer the color it ends up being. I'm still (as a whole) not a huge fan of browns, and I think this might look a little odd on my fingers, but I don't dislike it. But that's just my personal preference, and nothing to do with the quality of the polish. Again applies smoothly and opaque in two coats.








Third is Nantucket, a muted turquoise cream. This was the best in terms of application. It was an almost one coat type of polish and the shinniest/glossy-ist of the bunch. It's a fun way to wear a traditionally summer shade into the cooler months.









Swatches

All swatches are on bare nails (no base coat) without a top coat. It's easy to see that these are truly high in the glossy department, even without a top coat.

Sunlight Pic

Natural Light Pic

Flash Pic

Bottom Line: I wish there were a variety of finishes, but I'm still enjoying the colors. Go SqaureHue! At this point I think it's safe to say that unless something terribly changes, I'm going to keep up my subscription.

2 comments: