So I was a little (a lot) lazy, and didn't get my Friday Fitness post up yesterday, which usually wouldn't mean much, but I have a mission. That mission is to update you on this Whole30 paleo diet that my roomies and I have been doing. (Pic: Google images)
To continue reading, click the link below.
I have been pleasantly surprised thus far. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, which is good. It probably helps that I tend to eat a lot of fruit and veggies anyway. I thought the post pic was funny, and here's my take on the days.
- Day 1: Panicking about what to eat for breakfast. Occasional hunger pains.
- Day 2-4: STARVING. No matter what I eat I'm about to eat my face off.
- Day 5-6: Not really hungry between meals. I don't feel the need to snack. Very sleepy.
- Day 7: Still not too hungry, kinda bored with food options. Luckily not so sleepy.
Now here are a couple disclaimers I should make. Since I decided to up my workout with the start of this diet, I really don't know if I'm tired because my workouts are catching up to me, or because of the diet. At the very least I don't feel like I'm lacking energy (no more than usual pre-Whole30), and I can finish a workout. Of course boot camp/cross fit still makes me want to puke, but I can drag myself to the finish. The other thing is that I'm also in the home stretch of grad school, and studying my brains out to study for boards. This makes me apathetic about life in general. I want to be done, I don't want to study anymore :( In any case, my boredom with food might just be boredom of studying.
As a whole, I feel ok. I'm tired of my food options, and trying to branch out. I really hate coffee without sugar. It tastes like piss-water. I'm chugging it down since I need the caffeine. I still really would like a brownie. Both my roomies are threatening to quit, but I've convinced them to stick to it for at least another week. They're the ones that started this nonsense, they are NOT wussing out! Here's to hoping better things will come in the next week.
Things I've learned so far:
- It's important to read labels. Ya it's simple, but I never really did. There's sugar, grains/grain products, and dairy in EVERYTHING!
- Coffee really needs sugar. I will immediately go back to having my teaspoon of sugar in my coffee as soon as this thing is over.
- Yams are pretty decent dessert/snack/aid to survival.
- You can make pancakes without flour or dairy. It's tastes ok.