Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Essie Shearling Darling Collection: Review & Swatches


Essie has a few collections out currently, but today we will be concentrating on the Shearling Darling collection. It's definitely a winter inspired theme of polishes based on the color offerings and the names. There are 6 shades total, of which I have 3 for your enjoyment.

To continue reading and see swatches, click the link below.


I ended up getting my polishes from a collection that was displayed as above. If you go to drug stores like CVS the display probably will be smaller with a limited number of polishes. All of the polishes apply evenly and well. They last 4-5 days.

Warm and Toasty Turtleneck is a muted lilac with a hint of grey. It's a dusty color perfect for the winter cold. I was on a light purple "no buy" for awhile since I seem to always gravitate toward this color, but it is unique to my collection.







Sable Collar is a dark eggplant "grey-ple" with golden shimmer. It's dark and vampy with a very pretty hint of sparkle that is very luxurious. It appears almost velvety, but with a cream finish.

Parka Perfect is a muted icy green hued light blue with silver sparkles. It reminds of fallen snow on a cold day. The shimmers aren't very noticeable once applied on the nails, but still occasionally peaks through. It's similar to the other cream based polish with silver shimmer that seems to be the theme of many Essie polishes this year. I'm still enjoying them, so no complaints on my end.

Toggle to the Top is another polish from this collection that I didn't actually pick up. I just wanted to show you the bottle picture below since it's oddly reminiscent of Leading Lady from about a year ago. You can check out leading lady and a bottle swatch here.













Swatches

All swatches are two coats of the polishes with top coat. First we have Parka Perfect. As you can see, the silver shimmer becomes very understated on the nails, but you can occasionally see it peaking through.

Sunlight Pic

Shade Pic

Flash Pic
Two coats of Warm and Toasty Turtleneck with top coat.

Shade Pic

Flash Pic
Two coats of Sable Collar with top coat. See the warm shimmer that makes the polish glow?

Shade Pic

Flash Pic
Bottom Line: Essie is truly doing everything right in terms of nail polishes for me. In a world of repeats (as is often the case with Essie), the polishes I got are individual gems. Applies beautifully, looks fabulous, it's a must get! I might just have to cave and get Mind Your Mittens from this collection as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment