If you need a yummy idea for a lovely fall/Halloween friendly pumpkin recipe that's sure to please, here is a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake recipe. Alas, I didn't inherited my mothers creative culinary skills, so I have to follow someone else's recipe. I credit this to letsdishrecipes.com.
To get the recipe, click the link below.
Ingredients for cake:
- 6 tbs butter
- 1.5 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/4 c water
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsp baking soda/powder
Ingredients for cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
These aren't the exact directions, but it's how I made it :)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add/mix all the other wet ingredient up to water.
- Add/mix the spices, and add flour in 1 cup increments.
- Place 2/3 mixture in pan of choice (perhaps a 9 x 13 inch baking pan- I just used a circular cake pan).
- Mix all the cream cheese filling ingredients together and dump on top of the pumpkin mix in the pan.
- Swirl the layers with a butter knife.
- Add remaining pumpkin batter on top and bake for 30-35 minutes