Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yes to Cucumbers Smoothing Eye Gel Review


As a general rule, I totally lucked out in the lack of puffy eye bag category.  However, that doesn't mean that I never get them. Lack of sleep brings on bags, and what better day to a review post of the Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel then on a day I've gotten only 4.5 hours of sleep? The Yes to Cucumbers product line is the "soothing" line within the company's range of products. You can see my review on the facial towelettes here.

This cooling gel contains calming cucumber, green tea, and chamomile extracts to help reduce puffiness and brighten dark circles. It's definitely a clear gel in consistency, and does have a cooling/soothing effect that helps reduce puffiness. I don't particularly like using eye gels under makeup, but this one seems to play well with other products.  Just make sure you only apply a thin layer, and it'll absorb into the skin (too much and it sits on top without much absorption).  I didn't notice any dark circle brightening effects though.  Still looks like I have two shiners from a bar fight. Thank goodness for concealer.

Bottom Line: For those of you that need to de-puff and/or enjoy a cooling sensation for your tired eyes, this is a nice product. For me personally, I have more issues with dark eye circles so if this wasn't included in a kit, I would not have pursued this on my own accord.

No comments:

Post a Comment