Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in Tropical Fusion: Review & Swatches


Although I mentioned this palette during the spring months, color wise, the Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in Tropical Fusion may be more appropriate for the hot summer months. The warmer the weather outside, the brighter everything gets.

To continue the review and see swatches, click the link below.
This is the first Cover Girl Eye Enhancers I've ever gotten (not just in a quad). I don't know how I got by through my makeup obsession without at least trying these. In any case I wanted to try these brights, and I'm glad I did. I think matte and bright shadows are the two hardest types to perfect. This quad is perfect since the bright colors are bright, but at the same time can be sheered enough to be wearable on a daily basis.The colors work well together as well.

As for formulation, all the shadows are soft without being chalky. I didn't have any fall out issues, and with primer, the vibrancy lasted all day.  I always wear primer on my lids, so I can't really comment on lasting ability on its own.

The colors included  in Tropical Fusion are as follows (in my own words):

  • Marine Blue: bright clear blue ocean color
  • Teal: leans more on the green versus blue end
  • Tangerine: a bright, lighter shade of orange that leans warm
  • Lemon-Lime: bright sunny/bright springtime greenish-yellow


Swatches

Hand swatches below are on bare skin without primer.


Quick eye look using the orange shade as my main lid and inner corner color, teal on my outer corner, blue as my crease color, and the bright green smudged under the lower lashes. Eyeliner is another Cover Girl product, review here.


Bottom Line: If you want to try bright colors without having it be an in your face neon, this is a great palette to get.  You don't have to use all the colors at once, making it a more friendly palette. I have to check out more of the palette options now.

No comments:

Post a Comment