Monday, July 8, 2013

CND Sticky Anchoring Base Coat Review



As I continue my search for the perfect base coat, I've decided to try out the CND Sticky Anchoring Base Coat. If this is the "Sticky Base" that I often hear reference to, then it's supposed to be good and worth a try. I got mine at Ulta, but I believe Sally's sells CND products as well.

This is touted as a soft, sticky base coat that anchors nail polish so it won't chip or peel. It does live up to these claims. I do feel like my polish lasts a little longer, and doesn't chipped as quickly as my polishes usually do. It's a thinner formula that applies easily and evenly, leaving a very slight (nearly colorless) green tint. This tint doesn't affect the polish color on top. The only downside to this base coat is that it doesn't protect the nails as well as other base coats. I find that some of the darker polishes (like dark greens) have stained my nails.

Bottom Line: If you have issues with chipping nail polish, this is the way to go. Just be careful with staining polishes. If you don't tend to wear darker polishes, this won't be a problem. I like this for most of my polishes, but I'm still on the look out for stain-protecting base as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment