Wednesday, July 31, 2013

L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara in Blackest Black: Review & Swatches



Today's product is the L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara in the color Blackest Black. This happens to be a waterproof formula as well for those of you who are curious. This might be one of those "YouTube made me" type products, since it had a lot of buzz (or maybe the general line of products had a lot of buzz?). I didn't intend to get the waterproof version since as a general rule, I prefer not to get waterproof mascara (and why it's important to read the label!!!).

To continue reading and see swatches, click the link below.

This is a newer formula from the L'Oreal Voluminous line of mascaras that has collagen spheres and a mega brush to give lashes "15X more impact and 24 hours of volume for fuller-looking, plumped up lashes" without smudging, clumping, or flaking. And yes, it does have a mega brush, it's a very large bristle wand, especially compared to my small-ish eyes. But large wands don't bother me, as long as the formula of the mascara is good.

How's the formula? It's good. Makes my lashes thicker and voluminous (as advertised), although not so much in terms of length (just some increase). Although I can't really ding it on the lack of significant length increase since it doesn't claim to lengthen. It helps hold a curl as well, but that's the case with most waterproof formulas. I like the way my lashes look, but it has one MAJOR flaw. The stupid collagen fibers fall and sprinkle onto my lower eyelid through out the day. It leaves clumps behind, and if  I sweat, those clumps smudge and give me raccoon eyes. That's just not cool with me. That and I hate how hard it is to get this mascara off, even with makeup remover. Although that's my own fault for choosing a waterproof formula. So if you want a budge-proof mascara (minus the collagen flakes), this would work well for you.

Does it truly last 24 hours? Well I'm not about to test that claim since I don't want to sleep with mascara, gross. That said, if you include collagen flakes as a sign of lasting power, then this mascara doesn't even last an hour before the flakes appear.

Swatches

Below you can see my lashes without and with the L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara. As you can see, the volume of my lashes are amped up, although the length isn't altered significantly. Also if you look close enough, you can see the collagen flake I'm referring to near the inner corner of my eye.

No Mascara

With L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara
Bottom Line: Not a mascara for me. I love the way it looks, but I just can't handle the collagen flakes. It drives me batty! It does volumize and holds a curl well though.

No comments:

Post a Comment