Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics: Review


Third item that I received from Influenster Sunkissed Voxbox (for free) is the Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics. Now the concept of these ribbon elastics has been around over the last year-ish or so, and I have tried some other brands. Nonetheless, I like the concept of these ribbon elastics since it's a cuter option to your average elastics. Probably the best part of these is the ease in accessibility (in drug stores), at a reasonable price ($3.99-$4.99).  Also Goody is actually a brand I use for my everyday elastics, so I have a good history with them.


To continue reading the review, click the link below.



As with most elastics, the Ribbon Elastics come in a pack of 5 color variety from the work friendly to the fun jazzy colors. As you can see in the pic above, these don't dig into the wrist skin (unlike my regular Goody elastics). I also like the way it looks on the wrist (almost like a bracelet). Now looks aside, what's the functionality you ask? It works well, depending on what your goal is.

Before going into further depth on functionality, a little about my own hair to give a clue on how it might work for you.  I have thick horse hair that I get thinned out when I cut it to make it more manageable.  It's also mostly straight without much texture. I have Asian hair as my friends would say. I did have long hair for many years, but a couple of weeks prior to receiving the Ribbon Elastics I chopped 10 inches off my hair.  So all that to say that my experience using these are of someone with mid length, thick, straight hair.

Because of the slip of the Ribbon Elastics (which aids in keeping your hair dent free), it's not meant to be a budge proof hair tying option. I can't do a high ponytail with my thick hair and expect it to stay put. It will for a moment, but overtime my pony will drop and droop. That's not to say that I can't keep my hair up and out of my face (see pic below). If I keep the end of my pony tucked in, the holding power is increased. This is a trick I do with my normal elastic as well. As a note, this trick (with my past experience with ribbon elastics) did not work with long hair. Another thing you can do is to double up on the Ribbon Elastics to keep your "do" in place. If you're a fan of low hairstyles or tying the end of some sort of fancy braid, then staying power is no issue.



Bottom Line: These are best for shorter or thinner hair if you want to use it for up-dos. If you're a fan of low hair styles or tying off the end of a cute braid, your hair texture makes no difference. For those of you that always have hair ties on your wrist, it's more comfortable to wear as well without leaving the rubber band mark behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment