Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dr.Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles: Review


One of the other items found in my Influenster Sunkissed Voxbox (to review for free) is the Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles. I was stoked to find these since what better time than summer to show off your legs in heels? Now I must say this isn't my first foray into Dr. Scholl's Insoles, but my first specifically for heels (Dr. Scholl's or other brand). I have a love hate relationship with heels. I like looking at them, hate wearing them. So do these do the job? (P.S. these retail around $10.99).

Click the link below to continue reading the review.


A week after getting these, I had a fancy 80th bday shindig to go to for my Granny, so I knew I would try this for all its worth in my 3 inch wedge shoes. Especially with claims of having a unique design and FabuStep Gel to prevent heel pain when wearing heels at least 2 inches in height, it was a gift. It also claims to have immediate and long lasting (all day) comfort by shifting the pressure off the balls of the feet. Because of the slim design (and clear color), it is appropriate for all types of heels (strappy or pumps) without making the shoe feel tight or being obviously visable. It also has a unique adhesive to keep the insole in place. Now those are some serious claims.

How do the claims hold up? First, it is immediately comfortable since the FabuStep Gel seems to do the job to cushion and keep pressure off the balls of my feet. This cushioning is lasting, but I don't care how fabulous an insole is, after awhile heels make my feet hurt. These are no different.  It did however, allow me to dance and stand up much longer than I would have been able to do otherwise. No crimp in my style. The styling is ideal for heels and the adhesive did a good job keeping the insoles in place. My heels did become slightly tighter, which (despite the claims) makes sense if you add an extra layer it's going to happen no matter what. However, the tightening wasn't uncomfortable at all (I just wanted to point out that it is noticeable). So overall most of the claims were dead on. Best part of it was that I didn't have any blisters at the end of the bday celebration dancing!

As a side note, I did try these insoles in flats to see if it would work. It didn't at all. The tightening of the shoe was actually even more noticeable, and almost to the point of being uncomfortable.  My feet hurt at the end of the day. So take home message? Actually use products as indicated for the best results! Clearly I need to work on that...

Bottom Line: It does it's job well. It cushions my feet in heels, and makes it a little more comfortable to wear, and I'm always glad I had these when I wear heels.  However, it does not live up to the claim of all day comfort. If you can ignore the semantics of the packaging, it's worth trying for yourself. Who knows? You may find all day comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment