Monday, July 8, 2013

Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eyes Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Black: Review & Swatches



Next to blush, I think the makeup item that gets me into trouble (as in sucks me in to buy it when I don't need it) is mascara. It doesn't even have to be the newest and greatest on the market, it just needs to be new to me and I'm hooked.  Now buying the Maybelline The Colassal Cat Eyes Volum' Express Mascara was out of necessity (I was on a trip and didn't pack one), and I've never tried it so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

This mascara is a collagen formula that has a "claw" bristle brush that plumps and spikes out lashes at the corners. All this is to mimic cat eyes without clumping. I found this to be a dryer formula that would leave an occasional fiber flake behind.  It did a beautiful job emphasizing my almond-shaped eyes by really flaring out my lashes and giving volume. The issue I had is that since it's already a dry formula to start with, it became too dry and unusable quickly.

Note: I thought I took a pic of this on my lashes, but I guess I didn't. My B.

Bottom Line: The shelf life once you start using the mascara isn't worth it for me personally. If you don't mind not being able to use this for a longer time frame, you should look into it since the effect is cat-i-licious!






No comments:

Post a Comment