Friday, July 5, 2013

Milani Eyeshadow Primer in Nude: Review & Swatches


I don't know about you guys, but I'm personally excited that finally drug store brands are finally creating eyeshadow primers that work, and today we have the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Of course this particular gem has been out for a few months at this point in time, but I still like giving my two cents, especially since my super greasy lids require a primer.

To continue reading the review, click the link below.
I've tried my fair share of eye primers of all price points throughout my makeup journey. My staple for many years have been Urban Decay Primer Potion and Two Faced Shadow Insurance. Of course eyeshadow primer is not something that is a must for everyone, but I still think everyone should have one in their stash. It increases the wear time (whether or not you have greasy eyelids that are prone to creasing shadows), but it also increases the intensity and vibrancy of all eyeshadows.
Milani claims their primer has over 8 hour wear without creasing once you apply a thin coat and let it set for 30 seconds. I have found this claim to be true. I've worn it for full work days without any eyeshadow migration issues. The only downside currently is that there are no other color choices besides Nude, but the fact that it has a name (not just a random number/nameless) makes me optimistic about future color choices. Crossing my fingers.

Swatch

As swatches goes, this one isn't too exciting since it applies transparent. The actual primer is a beige/nude color, but once blended, it's unnoticeable. Below, the primer blended out is around and over my mole.


Bottom Line: Even ignoring the affordable price point, this eyeshadow primer is excellent of its own accord. If you include the fact that even with a small tube the product lasts a long time, it increases the value even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment