Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Revlon Lip Butters Original Collection: Review & Swatches


These aren't new, they just have the original stickers on the tubes from when they were new. I figured I would continue my good streak of finally reviewing the originals of the limited edition shades I already have. These Revlon Lip Butters really need no introduction, but today I have Tutti Frutti and Candy Apple from the original collection to review today.

To continue the review and see swatches, click the link below.


As mentioned previously, these are meant to be a moisturizing balm with some tint to it. Depending on the shade, it can be buildable in color but will never become fully opaque. These are comfortable to wear on the lips without any sense of tackiness. It even gives some moisture to the lips, but not as much as a regular balm. For me personally, these have enough color that I need to look in a mirror for application (make sure I stay in the lines).

Candy Apple is a true, blue-toned red with shimmers in it. The shimmers aren't readily visible on the lips, but in certain lights visible. Luckily, the shimmers don't feel gritty on the lips. It can be built up for decent color payoff, but this color seems to apply slightly patchier. Tutti Frutti is a warm-toned orange. On my decently pigmented lips, the color isn't as vibrant. It comes off as more of a light coral tint. This one isn't as buildable in color.

Swatches

Both hand swatches and lip swatches below. No base at all. If you look at both the hand and lip swatches, you can see that Candy Apple tends to have patchier application (luckily, it's less obvious on the lips).

Candy Apple, Tutti Frutti

Candy Apple

Tutti Frutti

Bottom Line: As with the limited edition shades, these are comfortable to wear and come in a variety of fun colors. I believe you'll be able to find one to suit your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment