Saturday, August 3, 2013

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Review


As summer is still going strong, and it's hotter than hades here, I figured I should review another sunscreen. I'm a little bit of a fanatic when it comes to skin protection. Anyone in my personal life will tell you that I'm a sunscreen dictator. That being said, for that reason I'm always on the hunt for the best one for me. With La Roche-Posay being more readily accessible in the drug store, and now Target, I wanted to try out a fancy French brand. I remember my mom using this when she lived in Paris, and my mom's skin looks great. That was enough of an incentive for me to try out the Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid.

To continue reading the review, click the link below.
There are several different options of suncare/protection within the La Roche-Posay line, but I decided to try the Mineral type with SPF 50. The mineral line has only SPF 50 option, but with such a generous SPF, it is more than sufficient for sun protection. It does come with a tinted version as well (based on products shown online), but I haven't seen it in the stores personally.

This is technically meant to be a body sunscreen, but I never been much to follow instruction too close (if it hasn't become obvious yet). I've been using it on my face as well as my body. It's a thin, watery formula that needs to be shaken (it sounds like there's little balls that shake back and forth inside the bottle). It's thin enough that it can come out of a tiny spout. The actual sunscreen fluid is a milky white texture that leaves a very minute white cast behind until it absorbs into the skin (few minutes). The propriety ingredient is the Cell-OX Shield that has mineral (physical) sunblock for UVA/UVB protection along with antioxidant ingredients. Since it contains physical sunblocks of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, it is specially formulated for sensitive skin. It's easier to be sensitive to sunscreens (chemical barriers) compared with sunblocks (physical barriers).


Swatch

The swatch of how this applies on the skin. As you can see, the formula is really liquidity. Since I took this picture immediately after rubbing in, you cans see some of the white cast that I am referring to. It does blend out though. Also from the swatch, it's easy to tell that it has a nice semi-matte finish that's not greasy.


Bottom Line: I like this sunblock since it does absorb nicely without leaving a greasy feeling behind and it works nicely under makeup. There is a slight white cast, but it disappears in a few minutes. Overall a nice pick, even on the face, but not my holy grail.

For more tips, go to my YouTube channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment