Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Target Subscription Box: Beta Test Review


Since everyone and their mom has a subscription service nowadays, why not Target? Not that I mind that Target, or any company, has subscription boxes since I really enjoy them as a whole. This particular subscription box was more of a beta test to see the popularity and feedback from the subscribers. As far as I can tell, it's not a permanent subscription yet. The good news? It only costs $5, and that includes the shipping and handling.

To find out what $5 can get you, click the link below.

The packaging is similar to what you would find with a Birchbox. There's color tissue papers that surrounds the products nestled in a box. I don't quite remember the verbage regarding this subscription service, but it was supposed to be a mixture of full-sized and sample items. Considering not many things can be bought for $5, even just one full-sized item would be worth the price tag. In this box there were 2 full sized items, one deluxe sample, and two regular samples (contents shown below).


The full-sized items are the Gillete Venus & Olay Razor. I haven't used this yet, but if it's like any of the many reincarnations of this razor, it should be nice. The other full-sized item in this box is the Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Sweet Tart-tan (review on this is here). The only deluxe sample included in the box was the Fekkai Glossing Creme, which I haven't had a chance to use this yet either. It is a nice sample size considering these types of products only require small amounts. 


The last two items are true "samples". One is the L'Oreal Magic BB Cream and La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. Haven't tried the BB cream, but looking forward to do so. As for the Effaclar Duo, I actually already own a full-sized version of this and will do a review in the near future, but I do like the product.


Bottom Line:  For $5, I really can't complain. I mean the full-sized product are each worth more than $5. If this is the quality, and assuming Target continues with it, I would consider signing up (officially) to the Target subscription services.

No comments:

Post a Comment