Sunday, August 25, 2013

August SquareHue Subscription: Review & Swatches


For those of you who have been loyal and following my blog, you may have noticed that I didn't put up a post of July's Square Hue box. Reason being that something got lost in translation, and my box didn't get forwarded to my new temporary address as it should have. Any way, here is the August Endless Summer Collection.

To see the colors and read the review of the August SquareHue Collection, click the link below.

As we are fast approaching the end of the dog days of summer, this box comes with a surprise. This is the first box that has a glitter polish in it (at least within my box experience)! Surf Gypsy is a lovely magenta/dark red with holographic glitter pieces. It really sparkles in the bottle. Besides the larger holographic pieces, there are smaller silver shimmer particles as well. When applied, the holographic glitter gets a little lost and dull, but once you apply a top coat, it shows through.








Scorched Summer is an aptly name burnt orange cream shade. This is a shade that I don't know if I like or not. In theory it's a nice color, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of it on me. It applies lovely, and nearly opaque in one coat. It's a great polish if you like the color.












Bikini Beach is a warm, sunny yellow cream that reminds me of a lemon meringue pie filling. It appears to be an opaque cream, but it was much thinner consistency than expected. Two coats creates an almost opaque color, but some streakiness remains. It's a lovely yellow, and a little different from most yellows as it's a little darker.







Swatches

The following is two coats of each polish with top coat.

Shade Pic: Surf Gypsy, Bikini Beach, and Scorched Summer

Flash Pic: Surf Gypsy, Bikini Beach, and Scorched Summer

Sunlight Pic: Surf Gypsy, Bikini Beach, and Scorched Summer

Bottom Line: Square Hue is still going strong and giving quality polishes. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment