Monday, March 11, 2013

Newest Maybelline Color Tattoo Metallics: Review & Swatch

Barely Branded, Inked in Pink

For those of you who have viewed my humble blog, one thing probably stands out. I like me my Maybelline Color Tattoos. You can check out my past posts of the bright colors here, and the original ones here.  Needless to say I'm a glutton for these, and I had to get a couple of the most recent metallic editions.  I was good though, and stuck to colors that I don't own. With this collection, there are 5 new metallic shades that are generally lighter in color with one darker navy blue.  I went for the two most versatile shades of the bunch.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link.

I personally like a little bling to my eye, and I don't shy away from frosts/metallic. I might eventually when I become old and wrinkly, but I figure I might as well live it up while I still can.  These metallic edition color tattoos are on par with the original and neutral fall colors of 2012.  It's creamy, glides on easily and smoothly with no patchiness, and stays put.  I still haven't tested the 24 hour claim, and I never will (too much time with makeup).  However, I can tell you that these last without smudging or fading for a full work day, which can be up to 10-12 hours for me depending on the day. Of course everything else on my face seems to have faded at that point in time so fabulously shiny peepers are the least of my concern.  In any case, those of you who were put off by the bright color tattoos like Blue on by  no need to be concerned that the quality is not what it was in the past. These two work great!

 Swatches

Barely Branded is a frosted champagne with silver undertones.  It's somehow a warm and cool toned shade at the same time. It's perfect for a little pick me up on the inner corners of your eye to brighten your look, or as a wash of color on the entire eyelid for lazy days. I like the combo of this on the entire eyelid and a fun bright eyeliner to punch up the look without much effort.







Inked in Pink is a nice frosted cool-toned light  pink. It's another great all over the eyelid color that's different from your usual neutrals. Also the tone of pink isn't too red, so it doesn't make your eyes look infected/sore/overly tired.  It's light enough that you can use it for a "casual" look, or pair it with a bold lip. 







As you can see from the swatches below, both shades evenly cover the skin in an opaque, but subtle wash of color.  The swatches are on bare skin without any primer.


Barely Branded, Inked in Pink

Bottom Line: These ones are great, and I can say that without reserve.  Of course I am a fan of color tattoos so I am a little biased.  I still see these on displays in the drug store so it should be relatively easy to find.  That said, if these are sold out in your area, the permanent collection is still a solid go to with multiple color choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment