Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eye Shadow Primer Review


Although the initial hoopla with the new-ish Fergie Collection of Wet n Wild has passed, I figured I would give my two cents on the products that I have. I wanted to try it out in different situations before I made my final thoughts. First off is the Take on the Day Eye Shadow Primer, which is a mouthful of name.  These retail for about $5, which is wonderfully a fraction of the cost of most primers (an attribute that drew me to the product). It's a flesh toned primer that becomes clear once on the eye lid.

To continue the review, click below.


The packaging is nice in that you can squeeze out the tiniest amount from the small tip.  You're not wasting any product either since it's a soft tube that you can squeeze once you get towards using up the product.

 Now I must say that this might be one of the oddest consistency primers I have used.  The funny thing is that when you smear it on your lids, it feels just like any other primer. It's a thin cream consistency. The odd part is once you start putting on the eye shadow, it becomes slightly tacky (or maybe I become aware that it's tacky). It doesn't feel wet or goopey, it just something I notice while blending my eye shadow. This makes blending around the edges a little more difficult with some eye shadows.  My advice is to apply a very thin layer, and let it set for a bit, that way you're not fighting the primer to blend.

Now does this deliver? The answer is a resounding yes. If you need a shadow that doesn't have much oomph to really pop, it TOTALLY does the trick.  It makes shadows vibrant, and the stickiness helps the shadow adhere to your lid and stay there.  I didn't have any issues with my shadow creasing, which in the end is all I truly care about.


Bottom Line: It's a good product at a great price.  It does the number one job of a primer, which is to imbue lasting power to shadows.  It also does a good job in punching of colors that need help.  Just beware of the fact that it can get a little tacky, making it difficult to blend shadows out.

No comments:

Post a Comment