Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag: First Impressions


I've been contemplating about different monthly subscriptions recently and whether or not I want to add/change/continue what I have.  I currently subscribe to Birchbox and SquareHue. What made me think about subscribing to Ipsy Glam Bag is that Birchbox has been really hit or miss lately, and I thought why not try something else to see if I like it.  At the same $10 a month, with good reviews and seemingly a stronger cosmetic theme, I figured why not?

Click the link below for first impressions and pictures.

The March Glam Bag came with a nautical style bag with anchors and ropes (shown on very top) since the theme of the month is The Great Escape. I think the theme is appropriate considering it's been rather gloomy and nasty here, so I would like an escape. That said the bag is not my style, and for something that's meant to be taken "out and about", it's a little cheap looking.  I wouldn't take it around with me as a finishing touch to my outfit, but it does keep my Zune from getting beat up in my gym bag. Other included items were LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover wipes, Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist, and exclusive for Ipsy Glam Rx Magnetic Palette. I haven't had a chance to try the makeup wipes or hydrating mist yet. I figure I'd hold off until I go on a trip for the wipes, and I don't know how I feel about hydrating mists in general.  I might review it in the future once I try it out.

The Glam RX Magnetic Palette was a nice little surprise since I conveniently had a few loose eye shadow pans that needed a home.  It also neatly fit the very tiny Yaby Refill Pans in So Vein and Sand Dune. Quick swatches don't impress me too much.  I'll try it with primer and maybe wet to see if things improve. The lumpy looking eye shadow pans are ones I had to re-pot, but it gives you a nice comparison of the size of the Yaby Refill Pans. It's less than half the amount of a regular sized eye shadow pan. Sand Dune is a sandy, beige-brown. So Vein is a teal that leans slightly green.



Bottom Line: It's worth the $10 price tag I believe.  I'll have to give it a few more months to decide if it's worth it. I'm also going to continually compare it to Birchbox, and most likely pick just one subscription that I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment