Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara: Review & Swatch



There are many cosmetic items that are the "take or leave it" type of things, but the one thing that's universally flattering is mascara.  Finding a great mascara is often like finding "The One." You have to go through a bunch until you come across one that's suited for you. That said, I'm a fickle mistress, so I'm constantly on the look out for alternatives.  I've always enjoyed Too Faced Cosmetic products, so I figures I would give one of their mascaras a go.  I got mine within a kit of some sort or another, but on its own this runs $21.

To continue the review and see swatches, click the link below.


As for the basics, the wand has a large tip and easily coats the lashes.  The fibers are some sort of bristle/synthetic material (not a plastic wand). Now the purpose of the Lash Injection is to thicken your lashes and build them up with the tube/fiber formula that certain mascaras have.  As a rule, I'm not a fan of tube mascara because they're a pain in the butt to remove.  I'm lazy, and I don't want to spend long minutes coaxing the bad boys off my eyelashes.  I just get impatient and end up ripping out a few lashes in the process. I think the concept itself works (despite my personal opinions), but the mascara did not deliver. I'm not a one coat mascara user, and I found this to be hard to apply multiple coats without getting clumpy.  It also "sheds" the fibers throughout the day.  I see clumps of mascara bits on my lower eyelid, and the pigment of the mascara also smudges and makes me have worse raccoon eyes than I already do. On the plus side, they make my lashes look longer/thicker, and it's nicely pigmented black color.

Swatch

As you can see below (if you look closely), the fibers have fallen onto my lower eyelid near the inner corner of my eye.


Bottom Line: Not worth your money.  Yes it thickens lashes, but it's not worth it for the smudging and fiber bits "running loose".  Spend your money on another high end mascara, or buying 2 drug store mascaras that work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment