Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Luna Fiber Chocolate Raspberry Bar Review


One of my most beloved thing to do is eat.  I try to be good and eat healthy like most people claim.  So to keep up my "healthy" habits when I snack, I try to stay away from candy bars.  I often like munching on Fiber One granola bar varieties, so when I got the Luna Fiber Chocolate Raspbery Bar in one of my birchboxes, I was excited to give it a go.  I figure that fiber is always a good thing to have in your diet, and fresh produces are the best source, but supplementing is never a bad thing. 
To continue the review, and see close up of the bar click the link below.


I must say, boy was I disappointed in this bar.  It tastes like cardboard.  I don't know what they did with it since other flavors of Luna Bars (the nonfiber variety) are rather tastey.  Maybe it's the extra fiber/flax/cardboard material they have on one side (look at the picture to the right). I don't mind having extra flakes/texture on my bars as long as it doesn't taste bad. The bar tried to disguise the nastiness with granulated sugar on the other side (see picture below).  I realize sugar is always a part of these types of bar, but when I'm trying to be "healthy" I don't need to see a clump of it stuck to one side of the bar. In the end, the bar was just plain unpalatable. 


Bottom Line: Don't waste your time with this one folks.  There are plenty more options to get your fiber in a bar form to have to resort to this monstrosity. I'm just glad that it was free and I didn't waste my money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment