Sunday, March 10, 2013

Orly Sec 'N Dry Review


I have been a long term user of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, but after having to continuously thin it out after the bottle is halfway done, I decided to try out a new quick dry top coat.  I like Orly nail polishes, so I figure that it would be worth it to try out one of their many top coats.  The Sec 'N Dry is marketed as a top coat that penetrates all nail polish layers to dry it quickly and leave a hard, protective top coat behind. Now that I have been using this for a bit, I have found it to be an alternative, but not a replacement for the Sally Hansen.  I both like and dislike the fact that the Sec 'N Dry is thinner. I don't think it will thicken up to the point of being unusable halfway through the bottle, which is great; however, it doesn't create as thick of a coat of shininess on top of the nail to make the polish pop. It does allow the true nature of the polish to come through without adding much shine to it.  I haven't tried it over glitter polishes, but I have a feeling it might just get lost in it. In terms of being a quick drying top coat, it lives up to it's claim. My polish dries without much effort on my part.  One thing I did notice though is that with some polishes, the Sec 'N Dry picks up the color of the polish. The nail polish color will bleed slightly onto the top coat brush.  So far, this hasn't discolored my bottle and doesn't affect the way it applies, but I am worried that my top coat might be completely discolored in the future.

Bottom Line: If you're looking for a thinner top coat that only helps to quicken drying time, this might be for you.  It's not what I'm personally looking for in a top coat, so once I use it up, the hunt will continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment