Thursday, March 28, 2013

Renting Nail Polish?


Maybe I'm just slow on the game, but I was flipping through my Self magazine when  I came across a blurb on renting nail polish.  It got me a little interested, so I thought I would share the info for those of you that're curious like me.  It's through Lacquerous, and for $18 a month you can try three high end brand polishes (NARS, MAC, Chanel, etc). From what I can gather on the website, each month you get nail polishes sent to you of your choosing. You can use each one only 3 times in the given month (apparently they check the amount), then you send it back in a pre-paid package to get your next set. Now this can be ingenious, or completely disgusting depending on your  take on hygiene.  I think it's nice to be able to access high end nail polish that you may not want to shell out for.  At the same time, you're using the same bottle that other subscribers have used. I will be honest and say that I tend to err on the side of being a germaphobe, and the idea of using nail polish that people I don't know have used is a little gross.  I mean what if they have fungus? Once you get nail fungus, it's pretty much down hill, and it is possible (although very unlikely) to get fungus from fomites (inanimate objects) such as nail polish (Picture: Lacquerous).

Bottom Line: The concept grosses me out, so I would never partake in a monthly nail polish "renting" scheme.  However, I think it's important to be well informed of your options, so here ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment