Monday, October 28, 2013

Sinful Shine Polishes Permanent and Limited Edition Shades: Review & Swatches


On to actual nail polish review for some Mani Monday funThese Sinful Shine nail polishes (a branch of Sinful Colors) first came into my sphere of knowledge when I got one in an Influenster Voxbox (check that post for extra info about the line). These are currently only available at Walgreens. I don't know if they'll ever be available in a wider market, but I did notice that there was a new display of polishes besides the permanent/original collection display. Of these 3 polishes, Who's the Gloss was the only polish in this newer display.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.
Just as a quick recap, these polishes are meant to be so shiny and chip resistant that they're almost like gel polishes. As a whole I do agree that these are high quality, high shine polishes. It's amazing that they only cost $2.99.

Who's the Gloss, as mentioned earlier, is the only one that's part of the newer release. This would be a "grey-ple". A lovely charcoal grey with purple shimmer in it, that when swatches looks like a greyish-purple. Purpley-grey. This stays true to the original formula with high shine formula that lasts well on the nails.





Man Hunt is part of the original collection, but a great fall color nonetheless. It's a mid-tone forest green with silver shimmer. It leaves almost a metallic forest green look on the nails. It last well without chipping.








Alfresco is the perfect sky blue. It's like robins eggs and sunshine and rainbows. I don't know what it is about this color, but it POPS. It practically glows on the nails even though it's not a neon. It's my favorite of the bunch. Also long lasting, great formula, same as the rest.






Swatches

All of the polishes are two coats with top coat. These are rather shiny even without top coat, but old habits die hard, and I enjoy me a top coat. Who's the Gloss almost looks full-on purple in some lights.

Who's the Gloss Flash Pic
Who's the Gloss Natural Light Pic
Who's the Gloss Shade Pic
Man Hunt Shade Pic
Man Hunt Flash Pic
Alfresco Shade Pic
Alfresco Flash Pic
Alfresco Sunlight Pic

Bottom Line: I enjoyed these shades of Sinful Shine colors as much as the original polish I have. If you don't have these colors or other colors within the range you really should pick them up. I wouldn't go out of my way to get repeats of colors you already have though. Lets not waste our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment