Thursday, October 24, 2013

More China Glaze Halloween Collection: Boo-gie Down Review & Swatches


I've already reviewed two of the polishes from the China Glaze Monsters Ball collection here, but I kept on coming back to Boo-gie Down, and I finally caved. I was really afraid it might be a repeat of quality to Carried Away from last year's collection, and that's what was holding me back.

To see what my thoughts are and see swatches, click the link below.

I'm happy to report that this polish is of much better quality. It's a mixture of a bunch of glitter in a clear base:
  • orange and black micro-glitter
  • black bar glitter 
  • small orange, white, and black hexagon glitter
  • medium orange and black hexagon glitter
  • large black hexagon glitter

Needless to say it's a glitter bomb, but a good one. All the glitter lies flat, I don't have to go fishing in the bottle to get a good mixture, and the texture of the polish isn't overly thick. It works greatly as a top coat, and it makes my base color last longer. I'm glad that I caved and got this polish.



Swatches

Swatch is one coat Boo-gie Down over SquareHue Valor with a top coat. I must say I rather like this combo a lot.

Night Flash Pic

Sunlight Pic

Day Flash Pic
Bottom Line: Another winner polish from the China Glaze Monsters Ball collection. I've truly enjoyed every polish I tried. Don't worry if you thought this might be a repeat bad polish from previous collections. Boo-gie Down is a great glitter bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment