Sunday, September 29, 2013

Skincare Sunday: Eclos Plant Stem Cell Travel/Starter Kit Review



Apple stem cell technology has been all the rage for the last few years in a select group of skin care fanatics. So when I found a new Swiss skincare line, Eclos, in the drug store, I was excited to try it out. Added bonus was that this kit is $19.99.

To continue reading the review, click the link below.


The specific magical apple involved in this stem cell product is the supposedly rare Swiss apple called Uttwiler Spatlauber. Why is it special? Because it has a "tremendous ability to simulate skin stem cells" to encourage younger looking skin. Besides the Eclos skin care having this special apple stem cell, it also contains another proprietary complex of plant extracts called PhytoPlex24. A mix of vitamins and antioxidants to help minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and tired skin, while giving a radiant complexion over a 2 week period. Added bonus is that this skin care line lacks all the bad stuff: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances/dyes, and petro-chemicals.

The most obvious first step in the routine would be the Facial Cleanser Skin Prep. I don't think it has ginger in it, but the smell slightly reminds me of ginger. I personally like the smell so it's good, but for those of you that don't, I wanted to give a heads up. This cleanser is meant to clean make up and unclog pores while keeping the pH balance of the skin. The other ingredients are:

  • ginkgo biloba, tumerica, and green tea to help with free radical damage
  • chamomile to revitalize and hydrate skin
  • cucumber to soothe skin

I did find that this does clean makeup residue. I didn't notice much in terms of unclogging pores, but it did make my face redder than usual, which is not a good thing. This product was something I had left over so I know this alone does make my skin red.

Next in line is the Cellular Activator Face Serum. The extra ingredients in this is:

  • palmitoyl oligopeptide/palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 helps with uneven skin tone 
  • palmitoyl glycine to revitalize aging skin
  • vitamin E to soften skin
  • Panthenol to boost moisture level

When applied it gives a tingly sensation that it's slightly uncomfortable and ends up making my skin feel numb (as if I just came back from the dentist and my novacaine is wearing off). The feeling does go away within the hour, but I do notice it. I think the irritation from the tinglingc is what makes my skin red.

Last step is the Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream. The extra ingredients are:

  • palmitoyl glycene, a skin nutrient to help minimize signs of aging
  • shea butter and olive oil to nourish and moisturize
  • vitamin E to help get rid of free radicals

It's a nice rich cream that's emollient and feels nice as it melts in. Once again this does have tingling feeling described with the serum. I've used it on it's own to know it tingles/numbs in its own right along with the red face.

Along with the face cream is a specific product for the eyes, the Restorative Eye Cream. The extra ingredients are:

  • caffeine to decrease puffiness
  • palmitoyl oligopeptide/palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 to counteract sagging and uneven skin tone
  • panthenol to moisturize and improve appearance

This didn't irritate my eyelids, which is surprising since everything else seemed to make my skin red. I don't think it did much in terms of moisturization. I can't speak to any anti-aging effects either since 2-3 weeks aren't enough time to determine long term benefits.

Another cleansing item is the Instant Radiance Facial Scrub. It's a salt scrub with microdermabrasion benefits. It heats up with friction across the skin. It's meant to help freshen and revitalize the skin with beta hydroxy acids that helps slough off aging skin cells. I actually totally dug this. I loved the warming scrub that smells clean. I felt my skin was nice and soft afterwards. This is a product I would buy again. It probably made my skin red, but I was using thing along with the main system so hard to tell for sure. It didn't make my skin feel tingly though.

You can't have a skin care line without a Skin Renewal Clay Mask, or any type of mask. The extra ingredients are:

  • kaolin clay, green tea, and rosemary help to gently lift dull skin and help restore clarity

It was not irritating while on the skin, but it did once again leave my skin red once I washed the mask off. Also while applying, the aroma made my eyes water. It was rather strong. It did make my skin feel nice though.

Last, but not least, it comes with a head/sweat band thing to keep your hair back. It works well and I've been using it when I wear other face masks.

Bottom Line: As a whole this line was too irritating for my semsitive skin. It made it too tingly and red. The only product that I truly liked was Instant Radiance Facial Scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment