Sunday, January 5, 2014

New-ish Jordana Items: Review & Swatches


These are some of the new offerings from Jordana from last fall/late summer (except the mascara). I find these items in a limited display at my local Walgreens. I haven't seen these sold elsewhere, but they must be. The Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara has been raved about for some time now, and the new jumbo lip pencil and eyeshadow pencils definitely caught my eye. The best part is that the most expensive item is $3!

To continue reading the post and see swatches, click the link below.



Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Honey Love.  It's the typical twist-up jumbo pencil form of lip product that's oh so popular. There's a slightly sweet, sorta fruity smell if you really get the tube close to your nose, but nothing apparent once on the lips. The formula is nice and smooth. It applies easily without tugging on the lips. It's only slightly moisturizing. The color is perfect. It's the type of color that goes with any look. It's my "go-to" color when I don't know what to wear. It also leaves a nice stain on the lips once the shiny finish wears off. There are about 8 colors available currently, and I'm interested in trying some more if they are like this one.



12 Hr Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond is yet another jumbo pencil form of product. This is like the Milani Shadow Eyez. There is a wider variety of matte shades (including this one), with a few shimmery shades thrown into the mix. The color offerings are generally similar, so I went for a neutral matte that can be used as a base or an all over lid color. The matte, cream beige shade works well on my skin tone. It helps make other colors pop if applied over Continuous Almond, and it lasts on the lids. I still wear a primer underneath though.



Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara is the only product that isn't a new item. I must say that I now understand all the hype around this product. The first time I applied it, my response was "wow!". It truly gives mega-volume and a good deal length to the lashes. I don't like this on my lower lashes though, since it does smudge on me.

Swatches

Hand swatches of Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Honey Love on the left, and 12 Hr Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond on the right. As you can see Honey Love  is a neutral, slightly brown-tinted pink that's a no brainer "your lips but better" color. Continuous Almond is a perfect opaque, matte cream/beige color that works well as a base or all-over lid color.


Lip swatch of Honey Love. You can see the ever so slight hint of very fine shimmer on the lip swatch. It gives a nice plumping effect without being gaudy.



Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in action. It truly does define my lashes and make them stand out. It not "extreme" volume, but it does add some volume and length that's noticeable.


Bottom Line: I've actually never tried out any Jordana products prior to these three, but I've enjoyed all of these thus far. It makes we want to explore some of the other options. You really do get a good bang for your buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment