Saturday, January 11, 2014

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder: Review & Swatches


L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation isn't anything new on the market, but it is a product that has gotten mixed reviews. I figured it's time to add my two scents on this. Better to do some housekeeping and catch up on my posts (as long as the products are still available to purchase), then let it go to waste.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.

The biggest mistake I made with this foundation is that I accidentally picked up the wrong shade. I got Light Ivory, which is the lightest shade because it was in the slot of the shade I wanted. I should have double checked. In any case, obviously the color doesn't match, but I can still talk about the formula.

It's unusual in the sense that it's a super watery formula. You can literally pour it out like a drink. This makes it a little difficult to dispense from an open bottle that contains no pump. Also for being so watery, you would expect it to take awhile to set, but that's not the case either. It dries down to a powdery finish quickly, so it's best to work your face one section at a time. As for coverage, it's light to light-medium, which is fine if you have nice skin to start with. For "bad skin days", this is a foundation that you should avoid.

As a whole I like the light weight texture. It's very comfortable on the skin, and the finish is nice. It dries down to a "powder" finish without looking caking or overly powdered. It gives enough coverage to tone down some imperfections (minor redness, etc). It appears natural, but it will not perfect/hide any blemishes.

In the end, the lack of pump and lack of coverage turned me off of the foundation. It's nice for what it is, but I rather just go without any makeup then apply something that sorta makes my skin look a little better.

Swatch

Non-blended swatch below to show the texture of the foundation. Blending seemed a little pointless since it's too light for my skin.


Bottom Line: Instead of exchanging for the correct shade, I just returned this. I don't need another light coverage foundation in my life. The finish is nice, and it's an interesting concept, but not what I need/want. This would be better suited for younger skin that's not prone to blemishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment