Friday, January 3, 2014

Finger Paints in Sparkle in the Sky: Review & Swatches


Last of my holiday/winter collection polishes to review is from the Finger Paints Enchanted Winter Collection. The only polish that truly caught my eye is Sparkle in the Sky. The whole collection is supposed to be a textured polish collection, but I completely missed that concept.

To continue reading why the polish didn't seem like a textured polish and see swatches, click the link.


I bought my polish at Sally's Beauty Supply, so once again the display was small and limited like the one above.


My macro shot wasn't cooperating with me so it appears to be a hunter green polish. It's more of a murky, subdued blue with a multitude of glittery sparkle. It does have gold and green sparkle in it predominantly, but it also has some other colors in it.


As mentioned above, this is a textured polish, but I didn't even notice that until I read about the polish. It does apply well and lasts on the nails. The texture is luckily subtle since I don't particularly care for textured polishes as a whole (as mentioned in prior posts).



Swatches

Following swatches are two coats of Sparkle in the Sky with top coat. Since I didn't realize until after the fact that this is a textured polish, I didn't  leave it without top coat. Prior to top coat, it does feel more like a glitter polish grittiness versus a textured polish. The subtle texture becomes obvious when you consider it's only one layer of top coat, and the polish appears smooth without residual texture unlike the L'Oreal Gold Dust. The glittery/shimmer pieces are obvious even in low light.

Flash Pic

Sunlight Pic

Sunlight Pic
Bottom Line: This doesn't work as a textured polish (since I couldn't even tell it was textured). However, as a glittery/sparkly polish it works well. It's a nice wintery shade that isn't over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment