Monday, December 30, 2013

L'Oreal Gold Dust Collection: Review & Swatches


As continuation of Mani Monday, is another glitter fest. I can't help it, I have a huge soft spot for glittery items. So when I saw these in the stores I did a little happy dance, and checked each and every shade out. If I could, I probably would have gotten all the shades, but I did the responsible thing and picked ones that I didn't have.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.



As you can see, there are nine shades available in this collection from light to dark. I clearly wasn't paying attention to the display since it clearly states "jewel textured nails", and I'm not a huge fan of textured polish. Although as a whole this textured polish is a pretty version since it's so glittery and truly jewel like even without top coat.

Too Dimensional? is the one that I enjoyed the most. It's a lilac shimmer with antiqued gold and larger silver hexagon glitters. It's mostly opaque in one coat and leaves a very gritty textured finish. This is the most glittery/blinged out version of the polishes I have from this collection. All the polishes were a little thick in application, but it worked on the nails once applied.











Hidden Gems is the duochrome of the bunch. The base is a dark teal that shifts to a darker navy blue with silver shimmer with larger silver hexagon glitter. It's a little lackluster on the nails, and unfortunately looses the pretty duochrome nature once on the nails. It ends up just looking like a dark, almost black teal with larger silver glitter sparkle. This was my least favorite.










Sexy in Sequins is a dark purple base with golden and lighter purple micro-shimmer and light purple hexagon glitter. This was a pretty mixture of glitter. It's not as frankly glittery as Too Dimensional?, but still nice and shimmery. It still had the thicker formula that's almost opaque in one coat. It's slightly difficult to apply, but in the end completely usable.








Swatches

Two-ish coats of each of the polishes below. All the polishes were mostly opaque in one coat, and the second "coat" was used more to fill in the gaps. Too Dimensional? is the first swatch with top coat. My swatch pics often didn't want to cooperate to show the truly shiny nature of the polish, so in some instances, I specifically show a fuzzy swatch pic to show the sparkle of the polish.

Sunlight Pic

Sunlight Pic
Shade Pic



Flash Pic
 Hidden Gems, as mentioned above is not a very exciting polish. On my pinkie you can see the polish without top coat to see the texture. Even with top coat the texture does show through.

Shade Pic

Shade Pic

Flash Pic

Sunlight Pic
 Sexy in Sequins with top coat.


Shade Pic


Flash Pic

Flash Pic
Bottom Line: The only polish that's truly worth it is Too Dimensional? since it's super shiny and bright. Sexy in Sequins is ok, but not too fabulous, and I'm not a huge fan of Hidden Gems. If you like textured polishes, you'll like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment