Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Grandeur: Review & Swatch


Here is the last item from the Maybelline Gilded in Gold collection that has hit stores (or the last of the items I bought). It's the Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Grandeur. There is another red color as part of the collection, but I thought I would stick to this one only.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.


I personally think that these are rather solid lipsticks in the sense that they are a great basic lipstick to have in your collection. They're not overlying drying, and comfortable to wear on the lips. The color payoff is great, and there is a variety of colors to fit anyone's likes. That said, Pink Grandeur is no exception to this product quality. It is a raspberry pinky-red cream that's nice and festive for the Holidays without being in your face. I think this is a type of color that's safe to wear year round as well. The lipstick does have slight, sweet-ish smell. I can't really pinpoint it, but I don't find it to be overwhelming in any way.






Swatches

Hand swatch and lip swatch below. No primer of any sort underneath.




Bottom Line: If you've been looking for a pinky-red shade to wear through the Holidays (or whenever) that would be rather flattering on many skin tones, then look no further! I think this is a great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment