Saturday, December 28, 2013

SquareHue December Box: Review & Swatches


The December box is the beginning of the Passport Collection that SquareHue has planned for this upcoming year. It's starting in one of the biggest fashion/beauty capitals of the world, New York. It contains two new finishes, and it's a nice mixture of colors. I'm hoping there will be a Tokyo collection in the works.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.

Fifth Avenue is a high gloss creme finish. This is the  necessary "Big Apple" red color of the bunch. It seems more blue based in the bottle, but on my nails it appears to be more yellow-based. It's opaque in two coats with a glossy finish. It's not a color I particularly like on my nails, but I can't say anything bad about the actual polish.








Broadway is a sheer pearl finish. The swatch pictures I tried to take refused to cooperate, but there is a light pink shimmery duochrome finish to the pearly white base. It is a sheer finish. I was pleasantly surprised by this polish. I thought it would be the one I didn't like since I'm not a fan of sheer polishes (generally speaking). However, the pink duochrome is so pretty I like it. It actually reminds me of a Shiseido polish I used to own. This is as opaque as it's going to be in three coats, and you can see the cream base with plenty of pink shimmer on top. It works well as a top coat to change the color of the polish underneath as well.



Time Square is a creme holographic finish. This is a first of its kind from SquareHue. I still love holographic nail polish, and this is a good version. It's a silver with a decent linear holographic finish. It pulls orange to gold to blue/purple to green. It's pretty, and perfectly named. It reminds me of all the flashing lights in time square. It applies well and opaque in two coats. The holographic effect is more obvious in sunlight.





Swatches

Three coats of Broadway (2nd finger), two coats each of Fifth Avenue (middle finger) and Time Square (4th finger), and one coat of of Broadway over two coats of Fifth Avenue (5th finger). Broadway gives a metallic pink sheen to the color underneath.



Bottom Line: This subscription service is still going strong. I love that SquareHue keeps coming up ith new finishes to tantalize the senses. As of now, you can't buy the polishes individually, but if it were available, I would choose to buy Time Square and Broadway.


No comments:

Post a Comment