Saturday, December 28, 2013

Almay Shadow Softies: Review & Swatches


The newest eyeshadow technology from Almay are the Shadow Softies. A cream to powder formula that comes in varying shades of shimmer and matte. I found these hidden away in a corner at my local drug store.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.

Hot Fudge, Moss
I really didn't know what to expect from these shadows, so I thought I would pick a matte shade and a shimmer shade that would work well together. Luckily these were BOGO 1/2 off and I had two $1 off coupons so they were rather inexpensive. I picked a dark brown matte with a hint of red called Hot Fudge, and a pretty olive green with golden shimmer called Moss. Luckily the display in my drug store (below) had a tester of a lavender shade. That color was very sheer, just shimmery, but I was hoping the darker shades would pack more of a punch.


The texture of these was rather interesting like the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. It's moldable like clay or putty. It doesn't feel too much like a cream, and it's not wet feeling in any way. It actually feels smooth and dry to the touch. Both shades are a little sheer. Moss' shimmery finish makes it less obvious that it's not fully opaque. Hot Fudge ends up being a sheer wash of light tan/brown.
Swatches

Concentrated hand swatches below. I found these apply best with just your fingers. Using the a brush isn't very helpful, and it's hard to build up the color with a brush.


Eye look using the two shades over primer. Moss as a wash of color over the entire lid and Hot Fudge in the crease.



Bottom Line: If you're looking for a sheer wash of color with an interesting texture, these would be up your ally. If you're looking for opaque color, these are not it. If you want to pick one up, I would recommend a darker shimmery color.

No comments:

Post a Comment