Monday, December 30, 2013

Orly Secret Society Collection: Review & Swatches


For Mani Monday I wanted to review one of the holiday collections from Orly, the Secret Society. I found it on one of my trips into Sally Beauty Supply. It's sometimes hard to find polishes that are unique to my collection, but I was able to find two. Macabre Masquerade and Masked Ceremony are two of the available glittery shades. There are creams and metallics in the collection as well.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.


Since I bought my polishes at Sally's, there was only a small display like the one above.

Masked Ceremony is a darkened grey with small silver micro-shimmer, silver square glitter, and fuchsia hexagon glitter. This was opaque in two coats, while still allowing the interesting glitter pieces to show through. I've never seen a mainstream brand do such an interesting take on a glitter. It's great. It lasted well on the fingers as well. Application was smooth, even with the different size glitters.




Macabre Masquerade is the other glitter I got from the collection. It's a mixture of a marine blue micro-glitter with silver and pink glitter in a blue tinged based. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that this could be opaque in a couple of coats. I honestly thought this might have to be used over another polish. For being such a glitter-rich polish, this applies well. It sparkles beautifully, and stays on the nails well.











Swatches

The following swatches are two coats each of the individual polishes with a top coat. First is Macabre Masquerade.

Shade Pic

Flash Pic

Sunlight Pic

Masked Ceremony below. It's a littler hard to see the fuchsia pieces, but you can see it along the edges. The silver squares are obvious.

Flash Pic

Shade Pic
Bottom Line: Both of these polishes are great. If you can find them in the stores it's worth getting since it applies well. Both are pretty, but Masked Ceremony is truly unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment