Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Head & Shoulders Damage Rescue Review


Here is another product that I have received from Influenster for free to review.  For those who need a refresher of what Inluenster is, click here or go to their website directly.  Head &                                Shoulders has come out with a product that is more specifically formulated toward women (although not directly stated on the actual bottles).  The damage rescue portion is formulated to help with hair that has been abused from years of styling, drying, dying, etc.  It is an anti-dandruff shampoo that not only helps your scalp, but also helps the texture and life of the rest of your hair.

To continue the review, click the link below.
The literature claims that after four washes, your hair is up to 10 times stronger, while combating dandruff issues with the normal Head & Shoulders efficiency.  What is nice about this shampoo/conditioner combo is that it's an anti-dandruff product that doesn't smell horrendous.  I do actually have dandruff issues and use anti-dandruff shampoo regularly.  I'm a fan of having different active ingredient shampoos in order to keep my scalp from getting used to one type.  Zinc containing shampoo like Head & Shoulders is actually one of the shampoos I have in my mix.  So now that they have one that actually helps keep the rest of my hair under control was something I looked forward to trying.  It's supposed to have a light peach scent, but to me it smells more like a non-specific, lightly fruity with a hint of floral scent.  The main thing is that it doesn't smell like moth balls like the tar shampoo I have.

Does it actually live up to the claims? Well thus far, my hair hasn't had chunky flakes of dandruff stuck in it.  This new formula doesn't seem to have suffered from the addition of nourishing damage rescue part.  In terms of my hair becoming ten times stronger?  Not so much.  As I've explained in a past post, I actually have strong, healthy hair.  My issue lies with dandruff (as mentioned above) and the fuzzy texture.  I don't have completely straight hair and it's really thick.  This seems to convert into slow drying time, and consequently ending up in a puffy mess.  I combat this by sleeping on my washed hair to help flatten it out.  It's bad enough that my friend asked me if I just rolled out of bed on the one occasion she saw me post hair wash.  As for the actual product it does seem to help keep the poof at bay, and the conditioner was actually a lot more moisturizing than I would have expected from an anti-dandruff product.  My hair felt nice and smooth without any brittleness afterwards, which is what happens with other anti-dandruff shampoos.  Will this replace my normal conditioner?  Probably not.  But it does work well for what it is.

Bottom Line: I would buy the shampoo again since I like Head & Shoulders brand and I like that it helps with my actual hair health.  As for the conditioner, I probably won't buy again since I feel like I need more to keep my crazy hair at bay.  For those with less/fine/normal hair, I think it would be a great addition to use with the shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment