Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lush Sweet Lips Review


If you're like me (and probably most of the population), winter is not nice to your skin.  It seems like it makes no difference how much moisturizer I put on, my skin is still scaley.  My lips are no exception to this unfortunate yearly phenomenon. There in lies the beauty of such simple products such as Lush Sweet Lips.  For those of you unaware of what Lush is, it's a chain of stores that makes, bathing products (soaps, bath bombs, etc), lotions, shampoos, (toiletry stuff in general), cosmetics, and perfume.  Their big shtick is that they use good for you ingredients without all the preservatives, etc. and it's hand made.  It's an eye dazzling place with a lot of products, but the mixture of smells can be overpowering at times.  The upside? The actual store locations are usually pretty generous in giving out free samples when you purchase items or want to try something out.  Luckily you can buy most of their products online as well (fresh items that need to be refrigerated are only available in actual stores).

To continue the review, click the link.


Sweet Lips is a lip scrub that's made from coarse castor sugar and contains jojoba oil, vanilla extract, and cacao.  It tastes lovely, as in I could eat the entire thing from the little jar.  Ya I'm gross, but if you've used it, you'll know what I mean.  Obviously this is a scrub, so it's not meant to be eaten, but as a vegan product with natural ingredients, it's totally safe (I haven't died yet). I like taking a little and rubbing it over my lips to get rid of dead skin, rinse the excess, then slather balm of some sort afterward.  It does a great job at getting rid of the scaley stuff so your lips are soft and kissable.  It also helps if you want to wear a matte lipstick so you're not over emphasizing the nastiness.


Bottom Line: It's a product that works well and I like it. Is it a must? No. You can slather some coarse castor sugar onto your lips and accomplish a similar thing.  BUT does your coarse sugar also have vanilla extract and cacao? I think not ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment