Sunday, December 2, 2012

Finger Paints Iconic Orange: Review & Swatches



Oh happy day! So in love with ORANGE!!!  Today I'm going to share probably the best nail polish color ever!  Ok, clearly I need to calm down a bit. I have Finger Paints Iconic Orange for your pleasure.  Finger Paints is one of those brands that I feel get looked over quite frequently.  You can find them at Ulta and Sally's Beauty Supply.  Perhaps the fact that it's not as accessible at the drug store might account for the lack of fame.  Each nail polish retails for about $5-6.

To read the review and look at swatches, click the link (and get out your sunglasses).


Swatches

Iconic Orange is an amazing true neon orange that leans warm.  It's so bright that it's almost blinding.  I kept on staring at my fingernails.  As in I was admiring my nails in the middle of my bootcamp class.  I even got a complement from the CVS cashier.

As is the case with most neons, it dries to a semi-matte, making it a little more toned down (but not by much).  For the swatches I put top coat on it, which made is even brighter. I actually liked the color on its own, but it was denting and getting marks in it even after it completely dried and I didn't like how beat up it looked.  Now for the brightness!


Sunlight pic: perfect neon!

Shade picture: still nice and bright

Bottom Line: It's love for me.  I realize neon colors are a personal preference, but if you like orange, you shouldn't miss out on this.  The only down side is that you have to use top coat to prevent any depressions in the polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment