Sunday, December 9, 2012

Silk Chocolate Mint Soy Milk Review


The best thing about the holidays for me is the food.  I love the holiday edition items that come out, so I thought I would share my thoughts on a few of the holiday items I've purchased recently.  First on the list is Silk Chocolate Mint Soy Milk.  Yes it's soy milk, no it's not gross, and yes I drink regular soy milk as well.  These where on sale at my local grocery store, and I want to say it was around $3, don't quote me. I saw it and got excited and stuck it in my cart, no questions asked.

To continue with the review, click the link.


I'm a huge fan of chocolate mint as a flavor.  That's one of the many reasons I like peppermint mochas.  The only down side is that chocolate milks are high in calories, so I feel like I need to limit myself.  There in lies the beauty of this.  It's the same calories as 1 cup of regular Silk soy milk (90 calories).  I get my calcium without the extra calories, which is a win win for me.  As for taste, it's a proper balance of chocolate and mint.  The only thing that I would point out though is that the texture is more watery than regular soy milk. It might put some people off. The only reference I have in terms of cow milk is 2% chocolate milk, and that's obviously much thicker. I haven't drank skim milk in so long that I don't know the consistency of that...

Bottom Line: I like it and plan to buy it again before it leaves the stores.  It's chocolate mint without the excess calories.   What more can you ask for?  Just remember that if you don't like your chocolate milk watery in texture, this might not be for you.

2 comments:

  1. I tried it because of your review and I must say that I really enjoyed it. It is refreshing and just the right amount of mint and sweetness. Maybe I can share my tip with you. It's too long for this little window

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found it refreshing. You can always email me through the blog.

    ReplyDelete