Friday, May 31, 2013

Ipsy May Glam Bag: Review & Swatches


Today we have the Ipsy May Glam Bag with the theme of Spring Fling, the third one I've gotten. Who doesn't like flowers and warming weather, and sunny goodness?  Too bad that's not exactly what's going on here. In any case, I want to start off by saying the I kinda dig the bag.  The colors speak to me. Also I know this is super late in posting, but I had a horrible work schedule this month.  The benefit of my tardiness is that I've actually tried all but one of the products.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.



First thing is the Yaby Concealer refill.  Now I was rather impressed with this because it's a rather ballsy move to add a concealer in a monthly subscription box.  What if they screw up my color?  Pictures don't always accurately portray your skin tone.  In any case, I didn't have to worry because the color matching was rather spot on with the Buff shade. This is a drier textured concealer that you need to warm up between your fingers to apply. I would call this a medium coverage concealer that works well to hide redness on my face. However, as an under eye concealer, I'm not a fan of this.  It cakes up and makes the delicate skin really dry, while also not covering my dark circles very well.
Next is a full sized (of roll-on type) perfume by Pacifica. I was probably most excited about this because I really enjoy this brand.  I've used their Blood Orange perfume and some sort of lemon flower perfume, as well as some varying lotions. I also want to eventually try out their cosmetic line that has recently launched.  The one that came in my box is the Tahitian Gardenia. I'm really bad at describing scents, but it's a lovely floral smell that lasts a decent amount of time on the skin without being overpowering.


Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink is a full sized pre-launch product. Way to go Ipsy! It has a citrus-y smell and glides on very easily on the lips.  There's no sticky/tacky texture and it feels like almost watery texture without being runny. The color is pretty and reflects nicely as well. I had no migrating issues with it, and average gloss wear time.

Next is the Nume Finishing Serum (look above at the "group" shot of the products).  This is touted as a light, greaseless, humidity resistant formula that creates a glossy finish. It's made with silicone, vitamins, and antioxidants to create shine and prevent frizzy hair.  I've used this product up and liked it. It has a nice floral scent and sinks into my hair without making it greasy. I currently have enough hair goop to try out and go through, so although I'm not discounting buying this in the future, it won't be for awhile.

Last, but not least is Zoya nail polish in Blu. I haven't tried this particular shade out yet, but I already know it's going to be fabulous (will do blog post on this in the future). Most nail polish brands can have hits or misses in terms of the quality (which has led me to give these away/return them). I have a good sized collection of Zoya polishes and I still have every single one of them because they are truly excellent quality.
Swatches

Yaby concealer and Juice Beauty Reflecting gloss swatches.  I'm sure I don't need to spell it out, but the concealer is on the left and the gloss on the right ;)


Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss lip swatch. You can see the nice shimmer on the lips. It's not an opaque gloss, but I don't think it's marketed as such.  It gives my lips a little bit of color with lots of shine.


Bottom Line: Still enjoying this subscription service, and I'll continue getting them. I haven't yet partaken in the discounts given to glam bag subscribers, but they're generally rather generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment