Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Essie First Timer Polish: Review & Swatch



Last of the three polishes from the Essie Resort Collection 2013 that I picked up is First Timer. If you want to see swatches of Come Here! or Into the Cab-ana, just click on their names. As I mentioned prior, these are a set of fabulous, fun, fashionable colors.

To continue the review and see swatches, click the link below.



There really isn't much else that I can tell you about these polishes. The shades were all fabulous. Creamy, easy to apply, and opaque in 2 coats. You can refer back to prior posts if you want a more in-depth review of the polish. First Timer is a beautiful bright teal green, which is surprising when you look at the macro.  I was going to originally pass up on this color since I don't need another mint/turquoise green color, but when I found out how vibrant of a green it is on the nails, I was sold.



Swatches

Due to the lack of verbage above, I'm making up for it in swatch pics! As you can see the nail swatch is a much darker, more vibrant teal shade when compared to the bottle color. This could be a hit or miss depending on whether or not you expected the bottle and nail colors to match. I personally consider it a hit.

Natural Light Pic
  
Flash Pic

Flash Pic

Bottom Line: If you're looking for a brighter teal green that has a kick to, this is the polish for you. If you're looking more towards a light pastel green you should look elsewhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment