Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Newest L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows: Review & Swatch



The newest shades of the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows come to us from the Miss Candy Collection. Cherie Merie and Strawberry Blonde are two of the four available.  Again I find myself reviewing limited editions of a product line before the permanent line, but ce la vie.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.

As a whole, the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows are great. I don't think they get enough love.  As much as I hark on who much I like the Maybelline Color Tattoos, I like these equally as well.  The formula of the two are nothing like each other, but both have their uses. Infallibles are a pressed powder shadow that has some "give" to it. They tend to apply opaquely, but some need a little bit of build up. I find applying them with fingers are the best way to go. The color variety is good, especially if you include the limited edition shades like these.

Strawberry Blonde is a light pink that has iridescent purple and orange shimmer. The formulation on this is different from other Infallibles, as it is rather sheer. This one wins points for the pretty shimmer factor, not in opacity. I like putting this on the inner corners for a nice pop. The only downside is that there is some fall-out from this shade, which I attribute to the drier texture of Strawberry Blonde.







Cherie Merie is a cool toned orangey-red. This had an opaque formulation and it's a unique color for products like these.  It's a pretty all-over lid, color, or to be used as crease color. I like to use the two colors in this post together.



Swatches

The following are swatches without primer. In an attempt to show the sparkly nature of Strawberry Blonde I showed a blended out/sheer swatch along with an opaque swatch. The Cherie Merie swatch shows some of the underlying golden shimmer (even though as a whole I would still call it a cool toned color).

Shade Pic: Blended Strawberry Blonde and opaque, Cherie Marie

Sunlight Pics: Blended Strawberry Blonde and opaque, Cherie Marie

And since it's hard to capture the shimmery ethereal quality of Strawberry Blonde, he's a quick video for you to enjoy.


Bottom Line: I think both of these shades are beautiful in there own ways. If you want an opaque color check out Cherie Merie, if you want something sparkly get Strawberry Blonde. However, I say get both.

No comments:

Post a Comment