Thursday, June 13, 2013

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel Review




Sometimes I find myself a complete sucker for ads, and the Garnier Skin Renew was the result of such an instance. What drew me in is that I've recently noticed that my freckles (aka sun spots) on my face were getting darker, and I wanted a way to decrease it.

This peel contains glycolic acid (specifically alpha hydroxy acid-AHA) and vitamin C, two of the big buzz word worthy ingredients for skin care.  The whole purpose is to speed up exfoliation, which will in theory lead to even skin tone, smooth texture, brighten skin, and fade dark spots. All that while being gentle enough for regular nightly use, and it's also non-comedogenic (it won't clog pores).

I haven't use this product long enough to tell you about dark spots fading (it claims after 4 weeks, so I'll get back to you on that). However I do agree with the smooth texture and even skin tone claims (haven't quite made up my mind on the brightening skin claim). The peel is clear and used overnight (as stated), which is nice if you don't want others staring at you. Once it dries, it also stays put. When I wake up the next morning my skin is extra soft and lovely.  Thus far it hasn't irritated me or clogged my pores, but I haven't checked the daily use claim.

Bottom Line: I have yet to discover if this does fade darker spots, but for improving skin texture alone it's worth trying. Especially if you want to opt for a less obvious skin care improvement method.

No comments:

Post a Comment